There’s a rule for everything in California State Court litigation. The ones you have to follow could be in the Code of Civil Procedure, the Rules of Court, or, as is usually the case, both. There are mandatory court forms, too. Failure to apply a current Code, Rule, or use a mandatory form can have very serious consequences, among them, waiving the right to do whatever it was you were attempting to do. That’s why Litigation By The Numbers® (“LBTN”) is the essential California civil litigation handbook.
LBTN, updated every January and July (current revision date is July 2014), is a loose leaf with 462 pages devoted solely to the intricacies of California civil litigation procedure. As it takes the reader through the life of a California state court civil lawsuit, it focuses on commonly-encountered tasks, e.g., preparing, filing, and serving pleadings; serving and responding to discovery; eFiling and eService; noticing and opposing motions; notifying the court of settlement; calendaring deadlines, etc. You’ll find:
- 462 pages devoted solely to CA civil litigation procedure
- Nuts and bolts how-to’s for recent grads and inexperienced staff
- Refresher for experienced practitioners and staff
- Great way to keep current – updated every January and July to reflect changes in codes, rules, and forms; latest on eFiling, eService, telephone appearances
- 86 pages on Discovery
- 66 pages on Motions
- CALENDARING, CALENDARING, AND MORE CALENDARING
Please don’t delay your order until you absolutely must have it; we ship quickly, but we can’t get it to you by YESTERDAY!
California Civil Litigation and Discovery (“CCLD” or “Substantive Companion”)
Revised in January 2014, is a 230-page coil bound book. It takes a substantive approach to litigation, e.g., what the pleadings should say (naming parties, jurisdiction, stating elements of causes of action), rather than what they look like and how they are filed and served; discovery strategies and drafting hints (scope of discovery, discovery plans, drafting written discovery, objections, and responses) rather than format, limits, and deadlines, etc.
Several California paralegal schools and California law schools have adopted both books for their civil litigation and civil procedure courses. Click here for a list of those schools.
Our books are CA-specific, up-to-date, and affordable!
- LBTN – only $140 plus applicable sales tax and shipping
- Update Service (two Updates per year) – only $70 plus applicable sales tax
- Substantive Companion – only $70 plus applicable sales tax and shipping
- Save on combined purchases (see the “BUY NOW” page for details).